Monday, November 26, 2007

MAL Visit

I finally got the chance to go to MAL over the weekend. I decided to respect intellectual property rights and to support those artists who work so hard to produce great music. What a coincidence that there was an article in 24 today talking about the demise of CDs. Some might call me crazy for not following the crowd; some might call me stupid for wasting money, but like Jackie said about being punctual, I felt great after doing it and that’s all that counts. I felt like a little kid in a candy shop! Raymond Lam’s new cd immediately caught my attention. I’ve only heard one song off his album but the attractive cd covered lured me over. Then I start grabbing so many cds off the shelf. Fortunately I had someone there with me to bring me back to reality. I had to give up on some and decided to purchase Raymond Lam’s debut《愛在記憶中找你》, Khalil Fong’s This Love Live, and Justin Lo’s JTV. I usually don’t spend this much but I wanted to give myself a little treat because of the stress I had to endure this weekend. Listened to some songs from both Khalil and Justin’s albums. I’m glad to say that they are totally worth my money. If I have time, full reviews are to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol. 'Attractive CD cover...'
You mean smexy CD cover, don't you bonnie? *wink wink*
It's ok to treat yourself sometimes. I know I did when I went on a clothes shopping spree-tried on everything, I did.
Your honourable frame of mind regarding supporting artists is very admirable. If you really love the artist, it's better to buy the whole CD. It's really for yourself as much as it is for the artist. I like holding the actual object in my hands, with the thick lyrics/picture book, which you can't get off bootlegs anyways.

Jackie