Monday, November 19, 2007

人品

I was told never to send an email when I'm angry; however, I was never told not to blog when I'm upset. Did you ever wake up and have this horrible feeling that you're going to have a bad day. It's hard to explain. There's no particular reason why you feel this way. Quite frankly, I don't think it's because today is Monday. I don't really mind Mondays ever since school started. From dropping my phone on the bus, to choking on saliva in class (x2), to pointlessly carrying my heavy laptop to school today, the fun never stops. But what really did it was when I was on the bus, and there are these two guys sitting directly behind me who would talk non-stop. I'm not saying talking on the bus is bad. But listening to two guys talking on the bus about the faults of others is not necessarily a great way to start your day. At this one point, I swear they were saying crap about me. This is not the first time someone deliberately talks about me right behind me. What is up with that? They were speaking Chinese. They need to be aware of the fact that I, along with a lot of other people on the bus are Chinese too. I tried using my empathy and tried to understand why they would act this way. But WHY? I don't know. I searched high and low and couldn't find an answer to that. Maybe it's a matter of 人品. If you saw someone fall, would you laugh and walk away or help them up? If you see that someone's backpack is open, would you laugh at how stupid they are or would you let them know? If someone ran so quickly their shoe fell off, would you point and laugh or would you help pick up their shoe up for them? If you would laugh in all these situations, I worry for you my friend. I'm sorry this post is a lot worse written and less motivational than my other posts. I just needed to share my thoughts with you my friends.

2 comments:

Elly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

speaking about annoying Chinese people on the bus... I've encountered 2 on my way to Richmond on a Thursday on bus 480... I wasn't having the best day of my life, yet i've to listen to them chatting non-stop... they weren't talking about me.. so I was lucky in that aspect.. but what really annoyed me was that one of them were bragging nonstop about his achievement!! how he was one of the few ppl whatever in his grade to be selected for this project.. how he made money so young at his age.. he proud he was to win something for his faculty!! and guess what... that guy is in Sauder!!! I'm pretty sure there were other Cantonese on the bus too.. so I felt ashamed instantly to be in the same faculty with him.. and of course, i tried to hide my planner... seriously, at one point.. i tried to turn around (I actually tried a couple time) and take a look at that cocky face... but it was too obvious, so i didn't.. i still regret up to this date why i din't do it... i should seriously have told him to shut the f up...well, maybe it's just me..
seriously, if you know any 2nd or 3rd year Cantonese guy in Marketing, who did a bunch of achievement or represented Sauder to go to Queens, who had a gf in pharmacy or pre-med, who lived in Richmond, who wears a black jacket, and I'm pretty sure he had the cockiest voice ever... tell him he embarassed me!