Saturday, November 24, 2007

Asian Entertainment Review: TVB Award Presentation 2007

2 posts in one day but I really wanted to share my thoughts. Just finished watching the show. I was very disappointed for most of the show because I really wasn't happy with a lot of the people who received awards. The show definitely turned around for me as Moses Chan and Lee See Kei were awarded as they were the only deserving winners in my opinion. Lastly, and most importantly, I was extremely touched at the end of the show. The appearance of Lydia Sum really touched me. I never really liked her as an artist. I thought she was loud and egocentric, but today all these thoughts dissipated as I see her appear in a wheelchair and she seemed like a totally different person. Chemotherapy has really affected her as she now looks very weak and very thin. I truly truly wish her good health and longevity. For everyone else, please value your good health now as I just realized nothing is more important than that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't watch it. I was occupied with Fate Twisters (an old favourite) with Ada in it and that benevolent-looking fellow with the glasses from Healing Hands.

Anyways, double posts are great! As I always say, the more you post, the more people will visit! Plus, your news are giving me ideas of customizing my own news. Did you design this blog, Bon bon?

Jackie

lil blue tiger said...

Oh I never had that chance to watch that series. Apparently that benevolent-looking fellow is a big perv in real life according to the press. His wife is our age.

Anyways. what news are you talking about? And no, I didn't design the layout of my page. I just took one of the templates available :). I'm not that good of a designer.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, he's a perv? This is one of those times when I say, "looks are deceiving." Then again, I never listen to celebrity media. It's like a swarming gooey furball of congealed lies and exaggerated half-truths.

You should really try your hand at it. I think you'd like it because there are no villains in it, and the leads are innocently romantic. Not to mention Ada is funny as hell.

Kay said...

Yes, I agree too many young people take their health for granted, me included at times.

I didn't watch the award presentation, but know who got which award from the newspaper.

Other than Drive of Life, I don't think I've watched the other shows (nominated or actually awarded), so I can say whether they deserved it or not.