Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happiness

"Every sixty seconds that you spend angry, upset, or mad, is a full minute of happiness you'll never get back…so be HAPPY!!!"
~ unknown

Reading this quote has definitely helped me to get through a lot of problems and misery over the past few days. Sometimes a quote can be so powerful.

What is happiness? At one point, I thought to myself, maybe I should just lock myself up in my room and read, watch tv, do anything that doesn't require interaction with the outside world. Maybe then, I would achieve bliss. But on second thought, what a boring life that would be. If I just locked myself up and tried not to think about it, I would just end up thinking about it even more. If I try to think it through by looking at it from a different perspective and aim to be more positive, it actually helps!

If you've made a mistake, don't keep yelling at yourself or feel discouraged. Learn from that mistake, take that experience and try to get something positive out of it.

If you're upset because you want, need or lack something. Think again. We always think about things we don't have but we never think about what we have. We complain and rant about the bad days we have but do we ever share with others what the great days we've had? I know I don't. I don't appreciate things enough. One needs to appreciate the good and the bad, the big and small in order to achieve happiness.

Sorry my post is not that coherent. I'm having some problems stringing together thoughts at the moment. One last note: may you all find happiness in 2008.

No comments: