Friday, August 28, 2009

Adventures in Ottawa – Day 3

Didn’t get much sleep again last night due to the time difference and having been woken up thinking about whether I needed all the furniture I purchased yesterday. This led to thoughts about how this furniture should be arranged, which led to me planning out what needs to be done today. First stop: groceries and basic household goods – yay, I can do some cooking now. Spent at least an hour and a half in Loblaws. Forgot my recyclable grocery bags but at least we have a car =) Ate lunch, did some major cleaning and vacuuming. Then waited for the beds to come. They were late, so as soon as the beds came, we headed out. Found the library and finally got access to internet – but the connection was extremely slow and disconnected so didn’t get much done. Found out that there’s something missing from my immunization record – Problem #1. Off to Chinatown for dinner and we decided on some pretty Pho with some amazing fried bananas. Then off to Chinese grocery shopping in the only market In Ottawa’s “china street” – literally one street. Then off again to shop for a bed in a bag – no luck. Got home and assembled some furniture which has arrived. Realized that the furniture arrangement I planned this morning in my head looked a lot better in my head than in reality. Tried moving furniture around many times but still not satisfied – Problem #2. Suddenly, I realized there might be something wrong with my rent payment – Problem #3. Also found out that the texting function (my only way of communication with Vancouverites) on my cell hasn’t been working properly today – Problem #4. Right now I’m half looking forward and half dreading tomorrow where I hope to resolve most if not all of my problems. Last thoughts: The internet is a super useful invention - can’t wait to be reunited with you. I admit the planning of this move needs a lot more improvement :(. Feel overwhelmed. Please bear with me.


Day 3: day full of problems, detours, and regrets.

No comments: