Thursday, August 27, 2009

Adventures in Ottawa – Day 2

Didn’t get much sleep last night due to the cricket sounds outside my window. I’m sure I’ll get used to it after a while though. Bussed to the main campus early in the morning to get some administrative stuff done to get ready to be a student again. Met an aspiring med student while I was there and was happy to find out from him that the wait time to get the student card today has been reduced by at least 20 fold compared to the past two days – sweet. Breakfast: campus food. Picked up the rental car, then off again to go furniture shopping with my roommate! First stop – mattress store! Got my bed – yay!! Feeling much better about this whole moving thing now. Can’t wait to get my bed tomorrow. Then off to Ikea to buy other household goodies. Lunch: Ikea food – perfect poor student diet. Off to pick up more household goodies from a friend then off to do more shopping. Home time. Performed a coin toss to determine the room allocation. Can finally unpack - yay! Dinner then some cleaning. I think it’s time to call it a day. Last thought: having a car makes life so much easier in an unfamiliar city!

Day 2: much better.

4 comments:

Elly said...

wow who knew vancouver was so great eh?

Unknown said...

That a way to go! Unpacking for the win!

Simon said...

Yay! Settling down for the win! Post pictures soon! ^^

Elly said...

yeah i want to see your room!