Thursday, August 27, 2009

Adventures in Ottawa – Day 1

So it all started with my flight being delayed because of the emergency disembarkation of a guest; however, it was a smooth landing in sunny Ottawa. Arriving at the airport we grabbed all 5 of our luggages and headed towards the car rental companies hoping to get a car, only to find that there were none left – not surprisingly. Why it didn’t occur to us before - I’m not sure – my bad. Went with plan B – cabbing, only to find out that we got a taxi driver who doesn’t know how to get to my house and blamed us for not knowing the way – my bad. Called the landlord to find out that he won’t be arriving until an hour later despite our prior arrangements – my bad for not confirming with him before I left. Off to look for dinner. Found the way to the hospital campus and settled on hospital cafeteria food – my bad. Due to the “easy to navigate” nature of hospitals and our neighbourhood, our 10 minute walk home turned out to be more like 20 minutes – my bad. It’s just strange how 3 normally very organized and prepared individuals managed to pull this one off. For those who have asked whether I’m ready, I can tell you now – I’m totally NOT!! Help!

Only consolation: seeing my friends at the airport and having my parents by my side.

Day 1: epic fail.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally not your fault! You're in a foreign city, it's very excusable. You still reached where you needed to go, got food, and met up with the landlord, did you not? Those are some goood achievements.

(Hope you didn't tip that taxi driver. Know my way, my ass. He's a taxi driver!)