Saturday, December 1, 2007

Commitment

On Thursday morning when I was waiting for the bus in the cold, I noticed two older ladies waiting for the bus also. They just finished their morning swim and were heading home. Then I thought: "Wow, I really admire them for their commitment." I've seen them many times before but it was until that day that I noticed how dedicated they are. It's close to freezing outside and they are willing to wake up early to go swimming and live a healthy lifestyle. And these ladies have inspired me to attend my volunteering shift today despite the snow. I remember how I was telling my friend yesterday I didn't want to go volunteering today. It would be a shame if I didn't. I met two retirees who were also very passionate about ballroom dancing, plus I got to help a few patients who really needed a translator. It was well worth my time :)

Addendum to previous post: As I was waiting for the bus in the snow I realized how I forgot to mention something about Khalil's album. There are some things I would've have been able to hear if I only listened to his original This Love album. There was one part where Fiona Sit is on stage with him and she mentions that there are friends who you hang around with and have fun with. Then, there are friends who truly care about you and your well being. That is something to think about. There's also another part where Khalil mentions that his friend committed suicide a while back which inspired him to write Goodbye Melody Rose, then he goes on to talking about the value of life, which made me appreciate the song even more.

No comments: