Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Life as a student

Almost completed 1.5 weeks of school. Learnt lots about professionalism, ethics, leadership, physician wellness, and other relatively "softer" skills. Had a memorable birthday in Ottawa, for the first time in my life. Is still amused about taking out the garbage and bumping into classmates who are also doing the same thing. Was excited about an interprofessional case competition but then my team ended up with 7 med students and 1 health sci student - very interprofessional indeed. Still enjoying the art of cooking yet wished that I can do it in less time. Tip: don't cook when you're hungry, by the time you get hungry, you'll be rushing to get your meal done that it is highly likely your meal will turn into a disaster. You need to foresee hungry and prepare well in advance.

Loved the fact that we had a long lunch today where we managed to go out for lunch, go to the pharmacy, starbucks and loblaws. Fun times.

Watched very touching video clips in class which made me question my EI and wonder if I'm too sensitive. Think I have the imposter syndrome and have been doing a lot of reflecting, hence the lack of posts in the past week. I read an article last week about surviving first year. There were some very valid points there, mostly importantly the need to stop comparing myself to others and stop caring so much about what others think about me.

2 comments:

曾境棠 said...

Oh Yeah !

Kay said...

Some of what you said applies to me as well. Keep working hard. I'm doing the same.