Monday, September 21, 2009

Let the studying begin!

So foundations lectures are finally starting and surely enough, we had a whole day of it today - intense. Suddenly feeling a little overwhelmed about my new home, new friends, new program/area of study, new methods of learning, and of course new life. Wondering if I can get through this but of course it is too soon to tell. Can I survive the case-based learning? the strong smell of aldehyde in the anatomy lab? the lack of specific textbooks I can refer to? the interviewing of patients each week? standing in an OR for 6 hours straight? Only time will tell.

P.S. French class begins tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kay said...

whenever there's change, which is inevitable, it always takes time for our body and mind to adjust. it just like me taking 2 electives that i never thought i'd take. (linguistics and visual arts)

the visual arts is so far-fetched lol ...i didn't know my mind was set to so sciency by now. i hope i do ok.

well, ganbatte!