Monday, July 7, 2008

Self-reflection

I was sick for a week and a half. Nope, not the common flu or cold. Well, sort of. I had I believe what's called the "stomach flu". People around me tell me it's cuz I sit around all day in the office and hardly exercise. Another factor maybe because when I get home I sit around again, watching TV or on the computer. An unhealthy lifestyle. I eat well generally, except now that it's the summer, the weather is hot and I don't move around, so I don't need to eat a lot. Eating little food make my stomach bloated.

So finally, today, after work, I went for a walk and jogged a little. It lasted for 15-20 minutes and it felt good. I don't know if I'll do that again tomorrow, but it's definitely well worth it. At least I feel refreshed for today.

The stomach flu made me reflect on how I lead my life. When I was lying in bed, holding my stomach ever so gently, I thought of plans to make myself better. Hopefully, I can follow my plan. I have never been big on sports, but whenever I do it, I feel good. It is what I'd consider a necessity in life. Come on! Take advantage of the long summer days. Get out and breathe some fresh air. That itself is a good enough reason to go outside.

1 comment:

lil blue tiger said...

we should go for a jog/walk some time kay!