Saturday, August 21, 2010

Import from Camcorder Canon VIXIA HF M31

Recently, I had to purchase a camcorder for the video class of my New Media program. It is my first ever camcorder. It is a big purchase and I found it frustrating when I was trying to import video I shot from it to my Mac. And yeah, I had to use a Mac for my program as well.

Anyway, after hours of searching on the internet, finding clues t0 what I wanted, I finally figured out how to import into iMovie.

1) First, connect the camcorder to the power source with the power cord.

2) Then, choose the movie-shooting mode (versus the photo-taking mode).

3) Next, click on the button to browse your videos. The button is on the side of the camcorder; you can see it after you open the touch screen panel. Then, you'll be prompted to click on button on screen to connect to the computer.

4) Open iMovie and on the menu bar, choose File > Import from Camera

Hopefully the above will help someone out there. It drove me crazy for a few hours to figure this out (and only to forget the exact steps the 2nd time around). So I'm keeping a record this time!

Cheers,

1 comment:

hopeforyou said...

I love you! I was never going to figure this out on my own.